Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Mediocracy or Not!

Sigh! Every time some one died either a relative/brother/sister/or even 3rd/4th degree affinity of a Filipino staff in our company- expect that somebody(a pinay) will come to any staff and ask for any donation whatsoever! As in everytime! Well, there is really no problem with that but its just that I happened to overheard from another nationality saying that why Filipinos are doing that every now and then. Thus, I am thinking if that is a mediocre thing to do or not. After getting ideas from my friends here and from my colleagues who are non-filipinos, I came to realized that we should stop this because it is so demeaning to know that we are beggars here or something. Well, for me its okey asking to close friends or townmates esp. if they know the dead person but we are just colleagues of a company and you are tying to come to every desk asking for it and showing a pitiful face with matching blah blah blah you know! It is really frustrating and sometimes its like we have a filipino syndicate thing here that everytime there is a demise, we are doing it!

Thats why just today, one Pinoy Engineer told me that the wife of Mr So and So (a filipino) is died in the phils and that we need to do something blah blah and to my retort "that Sir, if you do not mind it is not my job to do that mediocracy thing because one thing for sure Mr. So and So they did not even bother to ask for help. I think just being there to emphatize and sympathize with him is enough but if you are willing to do that thing you can start doing the rounds to every staff here asking for every penny". I will never do that! Because one thing I never divulge except to my friends and family that something or someone is died in my family. For me its a personal thing not unless if I come to ask for help and beg.  Thus, I am thinking to openly inform those Admin Staff that they should not do it unless the bereaved family or staff is asking for financial help in written or so but for sure they will debunk my idea because for them its one way to help and show(s) their support as a colleague and as a Filipino countrymen or kababayan. Well anyway whatever!

2 comments:

Jogels said...

Agree aketch pette.. I am not rich but I am not poor din hahaha di kakayanin mamalimos.. maybe there are some people who are really willing to help pero to make rounds asking for andalush wess ko feel.. I mean that makes people think that they are intittled for everything noh! That mentality is not good especially pag always nalang may donation heller Millionaire vala aketch?!

Bonangskie said...

Yeah, i do agree! I do the rounds of asking for help/donations for pinoys who r "legitimately in distress"...I mean, they themselves are really the victims and not some obscure, unknown, maybe dreamed up 3rd/4th cousins or uncles or whatever that we have no idea whether its true or not.

whenever i get these requests (ung iba has the letters to show), as in mega tinatalakan ko talaga!!!

Bereavement is a private matter, it should never be exploited for monetary gains!

Bloglovin moi!

Follow ROZARD’S OUTBURST

Pages

My Daily Sermons

lookbook