Thursday, April 19, 2012

My Indian Adventure Saga - The Lake City (Udaipur) - my last stop












Hi! Dear Readers:-) Musta na? I am back mga ateh. Well, this is my last story for this Indian Saga. As in I love this city,  This City is a spectacular. To begin allow me to thank first all my sponsors for this superb and very cool experiece, to my driver - Sharif thanks for driving me for almost 15 days in India. Though you are not so blabbing or friendly, I still salute you for driving me safe. To All hotels and guest house I have been stayed with - thanks for sharing and extending your warmth Indian hospitality. Its an honor and privileged to stay with you guys. To people I've met along the way, esp Gaia and her beau - your the most accomodating, friendly, unbiased people on earth. You did not look at me based on my skin and nationality, but consider me as your travel buddy who also have the pinch or thirst to travel the world and experience great culture. Though it was a short meeting but deep it my heart it was like a long time. Happy traveling you both and enjoy the best of both worlds.

Hay vengga nagpasalamat na ang lola mo:-) kidding aside, to continue my last story. Udaipur, Rajasthan is situated at the far end of rajasthan valley. This city is nestled with two great lakes of Rajasthan. Because Udaipur is on the top of the mountain, Royal families and its government designed and made up a two man made great lakes after a severe rainfall on the city way back before. They made two great lakes in order for the other lakes to be a tributary of the excess water and vice versa. Thus, until now no more water dry-up for both lakes. This is as per the information from the tourist guide.

I arrived at the city of Udaipur late in the evening. FYI, From Jodhpur to Udaipur - its about 7 hours drive but I love the sceneries here. Lots of beautiful trees and mountain ranges. My hotel is situated in lake pichola hotel and at the area of Gangur. This is the touristy area which all the places you would like to see is quite nearby. City Palace and its complex is located here. Mewar Museum is around this area also. Great Hotels as well are located in this area and the great lake pichola view can be seen here anywhere of the hotels you stay. I love the intricate, uphills side of Gangur Area - lots of beautiful crafts and painting shops. Infact, Udaipur is considered as the city gifted with lots of painters and artists. The City is full of arts and culture thus everything in the street is real arts made by talented raw artists.

My 4 days stay in Udaipur is not enough actually but then I still have the best experience ever char. From seeing their operational City Palace (operational bec. the Royal families still live there until now) to their great summer palace at the top of the hills and the refreshing boat rides along lake pichola. I coudn't ask for more but to rest and relax - Its a very tiring for a tourist like me touring these great spots for one whole day or more. I dunno but I love this city maybe because its so picturesque and the vibe is kinda europe because of their great palaces located at the side of the lake plus the setting of their houses. Indeed, it has earned its name as the Venice of the East.

4 comments:

paulaustin said...

Udaipur, a part of india is one of the great place for holidays. You can see sands and heritage buildings. Thanks for sharing such kind of information with us.
yosemite cabin

eDreGiN said...

Lol! Ikorek ko man kaw tana na an title "Ang pasasalamat, bow!" lol! Kalaong ko dili nakaw mag istorya nan about sa The Lake City, haha!

rozard said...

gnda ikaw na tlaga an g loyal ocmmentator ko hahhahahhahaha

rozard said...

gnda ikaw na tlaga an g loyal ocmmentator ko hahhahahhahaha

Bloglovin moi!

Follow ROZARD’S OUTBURST

Pages

My Daily Sermons

lookbook