Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Devotee


I really believed that things happen for a reason. Though the reason behind will not always come right after what happened. Actually, It sometimes comes late. So these past few weeks a lot of things really happened to me from my work, incident, etc etc. And this really test my faith, then I came to realize that Honestly, I don't have strong faith or bond with the Lord. I sometimes neglected Him.

Then one day, I went to the church and talked to HIM. In the church, I saw a lot of Banners about the newly canonized Saint Pedro Calungsod. I am not always fascinated or I am not a strong believer of Saints. Back in my college days when I tried attending other christian churches, they don't really encourage or believe on saints. But then that day,  I realize that, thats why people with lots of misfortunes or especially poor families back in my home country always look for something to devote not just to our LORD because I think, they feel that saints will guide and help them pray as well to the LORD and free from all these anxieties. This is not about being cult or pagan because we are not offering something like food etc. And that's what my realization now, that why not give this a try devoting myself not just to our LORD Jesus Christ but also to our Patron Saint of OFW Beato Pedro Calungsod. Nothing will lose not even myself.

And now every day I always say a Prayer for special intentions to Blessed Pedro Calungsod:

"My Lord, In your grace you have shown through your servant, Beato Pedro Calungsod, the sublime prize of following you; His youthful fervor on defending the faith that earned him the title to be called Blessed; thus in confidence, I humbly call unto him to pray with me, and to intercede for this urgent favor(make a request) and that through his glorious life I may try to emulate him together with Mother Mary, who have with out reserve said yes to your will. Amen"

1 comment:

Bonangskie said...

I can related gajud langga. For me naman, every time I go home, I always make sure that I visit Sto. Nino in Cebu....as in wayay paltos gajud ever.

Bloglovin moi!

Follow ROZARD’S OUTBURST

Pages

My Daily Sermons

lookbook