Thursday, September 23, 2010

On Mining........

For the past few days, I have been waging, venting out my stand against Mining. So far, people are aware now of what is happening or I mean what is going to happen in the future. It's just really a matter of constant nagging about the issue. What ever my cousins, friends opinion(s) about the issue its theirs not mine but I will firmly stand on my own. Its my personal conviction and no one, not even my family can sway me from it.

What really saddens me is that my town mates do not seem to care about the issue. They just keep ignoring it and just go with their own personal life. That's why I ask myself if they are really socially aware or just plain stupid ignoring this issue.

Well, to some they have convinced their selves that it will boost local economic development but maybe for just a period of time. How about the long term effect to the whole community?

Anywhere in the world, places with mining sites or had been mined/exploited, there stories of their people and their environment ended with sad plight. That includes the unbearable lifetime and irreparable damages of life threatening or debilitating disease, the unrestorable denuded mountains and the tainted rivers & seas.

Actually, it's all about exploitation here. Exploitation of the environment, of the people etc. At the end of the day, these people will leave us nothing but immorality and toxic.

I just hope that for some people, life sometimes is not all about money but dignity/pride and the love for our birth place that no one should touch, exploit her instead to appreciate its beauty. Their is a lot of option to uplift poverty. One is by taking initiative, inspire to follow others and educate your self. In life now there is endless possibilities and opportunities, it's a matter of action and getting it.

3 comments:

eDreGiN said...

Langga, I really admire you for voicing out your stand on mining. Pasensya na if I am not much of a kind of person like you na magyawyaw sige about it kay I dont have patience gajud pag-abot sa mga ini na butang especially facing the reality na mostly nan taga ato mga gahi an uyo. Sad part is maskin nahibayo sila unoy kaabtan ini they'll ignore about it kay what matters is the present for them. Me nagbarikada naman didto sa ato yet dili man kapugngan kon jaoy naggupot na makusog & as for me I guess esp na lajo ako I dont have my means na makatabang more than signing nan petition online & bec same man ta network sa FB so I can only share the link again. In my own little way waya na ako manyawyaw pa but just send an email to people that I know if pwede magsign sila sa petition.

rozard said...

Thnx for d commentus itchus gnda! @least in ur own special n small way u have done ur part! Mother Nature will be happy for sure. Tana di gazud madazon kay kon mdazon na maghuyat rakan ta nan lunop, statistics nan mga may cancer na taga ccmcl, sanan mga burikat na modayo man guvah nan pamilya nato.

Bonangskie said...

Hahaha winner an tubag nan bayot! Yes, Langga let us keep on fighting even in our own small way....hinaut unta we can convince people that mining within CCMCL boundaries is not an option!

Bloglovin moi!

Follow ROZARD’S OUTBURST

Pages

My Daily Sermons

lookbook