Tuesday, June 29, 2010

An Island called "Koh Samui"

Due to I was really bit pressured, demotivated, discouraged and disappointed with my work and my company, I made a suicide decision of traveling abroad by myself and get away from this maddening and exhausting world. After a tedious and hurried research, I made up my mind to go to Thailand to grab the cheap thrills/deals over there. I came to know Koh Samui -  an island off the east coast of the Kra Isthmus in Thailand, close to the mainland Surat Thani town. It is Thailand's third largest island. It is rich with natural resources, white sandy beaches, coral reefs and coconut trees - through a travel blogs/etc and I was excited after reading/getting information about the island. And so right at that moment, I made a booking of my tickets and hotel and eventually ready to go.



   I thought the island was just around the corner after a one hour flight from Bangkok, but it was not the way around. I still made a shuttle from the airport to the pier for a one hour trip and right at the pier another one and half hour voyage to Koh Samui. And thus, I arrived at the island around 9 PM and its not just that,  you need to ride a tuktuk or van to your point of destination/area or to where your hotel is situated. A very tiring trip but worthy indeed.







A deep slept I made after arriving in my hotel(for an over nite only) and to my delight the receptionist is a Filipino and he was born and raised in the island. Very well said. Anyway, I woke up early the very next day which I hummed for a hearty breakfast but to my disappointment the island restos open only by 10 and it was still 7 am. So I decided to watch over and over their limited TV channels. And that day (to make the story short/concise/brief), I did a lot of things from having my breakfast to sauntering the streets of Chaweng, getting a thai massage  and heading to the beach and went for swimming by myself. Watta Day indeed! Infact I was fascinated by watching people from all walks of life doing their tans and snorkeling. Life's a beach anyway!





By 2pm, I made a check out because my hotel which I really booked for four nights was in another town called Lamai. And after arriving in that hotel, they pampered me by offering a welcome drinks and little of both hand and foot massage. They drove me to my villa and briefed me about my not so hitech room and right after that I made some photos of my room which I really like it and then later I head down to have sunset swimming in the pool. After swimming, I went up top reception to book myself for the next day once in a lifetime adventure which was the whole day Island tour(Elephant trekking, Mountain Safari, Water Safari, Etc (I will blog this next time).




 

Well, Koh Samui for me is a big island which comprises a lot of towns. Just like Bali, the island has a lot to offer not just swimming around the beach and partying but also a lot of different activities to offer. They have mountain climbing/trekking, mountain/forest safari tour, monkey/animal shows, elephant trekking, etc. Each town has a lot to offer. Chaweng which the most popular and most populated has more to offer from night clubs, restos and shopping sprees. Their beach front areas are populated with hotels which are side by side. Among the towns, Chaweng has the longest stretched beach. Lamai is the next. For me I love Lamai because of its serenity, clean and rocky. Well, the whole trip was very worthy, memorable and adventure. I made friends and what better way to treasure this trip was to leave nothing but footprints, pictures and of course the memories.

4 comments:

eDreGiN said...

Haha! Kakihay mo langga esp jaon pic nim na naghigda kaw. Venggahlore gajud, hahah!

Bonangskie said...

I luv the sunset dining pic! dapat pala sumama ako sau! para mukha na naman taung honeymooners....hahaha

rozard said...

@lola V - haler punta ka dito with ur papa frenchy hahahahah

@kgndahan - pam posing lang yun wlang papa hahahaha

Bonangskie said...

Sin-o na frenchy? hahaha bitaw Langga, lets plan another trip next year....make it vonggalore!

Bloglovin moi!

Follow ROZARD’S OUTBURST

Pages

My Daily Sermons

lookbook